New iphone purchase, did you go with 2 yr plan, pay full price, or the payment plan (ATT Next)?

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have 4 iPhones on Verizon More Everything 10 GB family plan. All 4 phones are out of contract and not subject to Edge that Verizon tries to make you feel like you need. I paid cash for my 5s and my new 6. The 5s will be sold to cover some of the cost of my new 6. With all four phones out of contract I am able to keep my 10 GB plan to $160. That is $100 for the bucket of data and $15 for each line. The normal per line fee is $40 but I am getting a $25 discount on each line because they are out of contract. Everyone has a unique financial situation and reason for buying their iPhone the way they do. For me - I like staying away from Edge and contracts. I like having the latest and greatest iPhone and feel like I can sell my 1 generation old iPhone for 75% of the cost of a new iPhone. The other 3 lines on my plan are for people in my family who don't really care about having the latest and greatest so I buy their phones on eBay. This system works for me and my family but may not work for others.

Milenkod

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 iPhones on Verizon More Everything ....
Same reason I will be buying from Apple, Unlocked. However the added advantage is AT&T phones are easier to sell internationally through eBay or via third party. I have many relatives in europe and they can find buyers for me.

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My employer picked mine up but if they hadn't, I'd have skipped this go around due to a house purchase in closing stages. My plan was to purchase a 6S at full retail next year but had that not happened, I'd have bought a 6 full retail as I've bought both of my last ones (5 and 5S) at full retail to retain my unlimited data on vzw (6+ gigs monthly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same as always. Verizon's 2 year contract More Everything Plan. 4 lines. $247 per month. EDGE would cost me $314 per month. Full price is not considered. My wife thinks $849 is more than $849. All the plans talk has confused me anyway.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Doesn't make economic sense not to use the $450 subsidy (ATT in my case) if you

a) don't intend to switch carrier and
b) don't intend to upgrade before 2 years (which is when a major re-design occurs anyway)

ATT doesn't reduce monthly rates if I pay full price or bring my own phone. Besides, the $200 trade-in for my iP5 makes it a no-brainer for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien