New iPhone 12 Pro weather widget won’t update

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 30, 2019
Visit site
I’ve tried restarts, removing the widget and re-adding it, and toggling location services. Still thinks I’m in Cupertino when I’m in Chicago. Any advice? Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you open the native Weather app, does it display the weather in your location or the weather in Cupertino?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Okay so for some reason re-adding the widget to the home screen for the billionth time did it. Weird. Guess it’s a bug.

Another thing to try, if it happens again, is to long press on the widget to get the menu and select the "Edit widget" option. Some of the widgets give you an option to choose a location, as well as other options -- it may be the widget was set up for Cupertino and needed to be edited to a different location.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Another thing to try, if it happens again, is to long press on the widget to get the menu and select the "Edit widget" option. Some of the widgets give you an option to choose a location, as well as other options -- it may be the widget was set up for Cupertino and needed to be edited to a different location.

I was just going to post this. This is exactly what worked for me. After I changed the widget to my location I went back and deleted Cupertino.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I somehow missed this question. This also happened to me with the stock Apple clock. It was registering Cupertino and after long pressing the clock widget, "Edit Clock" came up and I was able to put my location in.
34e1a188e304bb88135c5239d50e099c.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conman284