New install of iTunes on fresh Windows 10 install, have ???'s

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, just wiped my computer to move from Win8.1 to Win10. After fighting with iTunes for a bit I finally got it to change my media folder location (for downloaded purchases) to another drive partition besides the default "Music" library location in windows (it wouldn't stick for some reason). Anyway, the real problem is syncing my iPhone. I've only had an iPhone since October so iTunes, iPhone syncing with it, etc. is all pretty new to me. I didn't de-authorize my old win8.1 install first (didn't know the option existed) either so now I apparently have 2 devices registered and am not sure how to get rid of the old one (same hardware, different computer name in Windows).

My main concern is getting my iPhone syncing configured. I guess I didn't double check what options I had set before. I know I want to only have the music I choose on the phone though, I don't want it just syncing everything from my offline library (CD rips). When I clicked the option to "manually" choose what gets synced it warned me it was going to wipe my iPhone and re-load it? Uh, what? Does that mean just the music or is it actually going to wipe it like fresh out of the box? Part of the message talks about it being linked to another iTunes library (my old Windows install which of course I can't get back) so I'm not sure how to fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77