New AT&T Navigator

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So AT&T Nav doesn't install maps onto the device? Does it keep loading maps as you go? Or does it cache your route?

Anyone test it yet? Navigation apps were next thing I have been waiting for.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
So AT&T Nav doesn't install maps onto the device? Does it keep loading maps as you go? Or does it cache your route?

Anyone test it yet? Navigation apps were next thing I have been waiting for.

That's exactly what I read, loads as you go as oppose to Tom Tom which doesn't.... just trying to find it.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ah! this is the app i was waiting for!! i used this on my bold all the time and it worked great! as far as losing the signal, even if you lose cell coverage, the map continues to track you and work. you might lose cell coverage, but not gps.

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
On my bold it seemed to load a few miles of basic road data ahead of me and when I had drop outs it would just keep you moving along that path. Eventually the map would run out and then you had a gps with no map. Spead, heading, lat/long.

My question is do you think I can use this app without extra fees? I have the nav plan on my bold and I swap my sim nights and weekends. If I download the app will it just work since I have nav on the acct? It's an enterprise plan so I can't add iPhone stuff to it since I don't pay the bill.

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Though I'll give it a try I really want the TomTom app. On my Bold the AT&T navigator app was a frustrating interface. Hopefully it's better on the iPhone. The search features were no wherenear as good as Google maps. Often I would have to look somewhere up in Google maps and the put the adress in AT&T navigator to get the voice nav.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Frustrating I can't find where I read it but Tom Tom is a hard map install meaning there is no "loading" of the map because its already there. Imagine my TL or Audi with Navteq having to pre-load OTA maps etc without a DVD for mapping purposes etc.. would be a nightmare.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2