New 4S

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a 4S, and wanted to try the S3, so I traded for an S3. After a few days, I realized that I liked IOS better, so I sold the S3 and ordered a "brand new in the box" 4S from e-bay. It will be here Tuesday. My question is if it has 5.1.1 on it, and I connect it to iTunes and treat as a new phone, will it keep 5.1 or automatically upgrade to 6.0?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
When you connect to iTunes, if i'm not mistaken(for a new phone), it will open a pop up window telling you theres a software updgrade to iOS6 available, and you'll have 3 choices: cancel, download, or download & install. You can chose 'cancel' as i always do for my 4S when i do a back up - i have no desire at this point in time to upgrade to iOS6 myself.

Also, when you chose "cancel" there will also be a box that you can check off saying "dont ask me again" If anytime in the future you decide you want to upgrade to iOS6, make sure you have iTunes 10.7 and when you usb your phone, in the summary screen there will be the upgrade option to do so:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a 4S, and wanted to try the S3, so I traded for an S3. After a few days, I realized that I liked IOS better, so I sold the S3 and ordered a "brand new in the box" 4S from e-bay. It will be here Tuesday. My question is if it has 5.1.1 on it, and I connect it to iTunes and treat as a new phone, will it keep 5.1 or automatically upgrade to 6.0?

I agree with Pink 100%. She has given sound advice and iTunes will ask you to upgrade and as she said, Just hit cancel unless of course you want to upgrade to 6.0. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl