My honest opinion about the 6 plus.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple probably released iPhone 6 plus in a hurry. iOS8 is all right but most of the apps are just up-scaling the routine resolution and making them look big on the 6plus screen. It's like installing iPhone app on iPad. Rather than that they should make a way to downscale the iPad app to iPhone 6 plus.
Such a waste of gorgeous and useful big screen. It feels like a phone for granny's and grandpas with large characters filling up the empty spaces on big screen.
I have used iPhone 3 to 4S. But for me the shape and size of iPhone 5 was a deal breaker - kind of felt abnormal. Moved to android. Used note 2 for few months then HTC one for good 2 years. Then moved to BB z30 and now passport. Really love the experience of passport with really beautiful use of large screen. U can read the whole document or web page in original form with touch keypad. And you can throw anything at it, real multitasking with 8 active windows with no lag. It's amazing at work. Was kind of hoping a good coming back to iPhone.
Hope they fix things.

Man, I'm really curious about the passport. I just lost my z10, i still love bb10 for productivity, iOS is more intuitive not being gestures based.

I'm finding my 6 plus great not blowing me away, I miss how well z10 integrated with work items especially outlook. In any case this has me More interested in passport , what's your take on it in comparison , screen size , work, etc...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Man, I'm really curious about the passport. I just lost my z10, i still love bb10 for productivity, iOS is more intuitive not being gestures based.

I'm finding my 6 plus great not blowing me away, I miss how well z10 integrated with work items especially outlook. In any case this has me More interested in passport , what's your take on it in comparison , screen size , work, etc...

Nothing about the passport makes me want to drop my iPhone and run over to blackberry at all... But that being said I'm not you either. Maybe you will like it.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Nothing about the passport makes me want to drop my iPhone and run over to blackberry at all... But that being said I'm not you either. Maybe you will like it.

How is screen size compared 6 plus, this forwarding and replying all to meeting invites, bugs me, especially bb10 handles attachments way better in emails, and searching mail. It's the work stuff that I miss that productivity, but for actual day to day entertainment, my iPhone is beast. Clash of clans baby, all day, every day!!!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How is screen size compared 6 plus, this forwarding and replying all to meeting invites, bugs me, especially bb10 handles attachments way better in emails, and searching mail. It's the work stuff that I miss that productivity, but for actual day to day entertainment, my iPhone is beast. Clash of clans baby, all day, every day!!!

You should wait till February, bb prices fall quite rapidly.

Regarding Mail attachments:
iPhone + acomoli > bb10 hub

Acompli Email by Acompli
https://appsto.re/us/fJ2BX.i

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday morning. I have been using it for over a day and probably I need to give myself more time with it.. But this was my first impression:

Same thing, bigger screen. It's the same as my iPhone 5, I don't see any speed improvements at all, in fact the 6 Plus kind of lags when I turn it off and back on, my iPhone 5 doesn't..

I thought it was going to be a big change like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were.. Bigger screen, better performance but that's not the case here. Disappointed to say the least. The screen is gorgeous yes. But that's it. I am going to continuously use it over the weekend and see if I fall in love with it..

What do you guys think?

Why does it really matter what we think, relative to whether or not you can "fall in love with it"? I am not trying to be patronizing or snarky, but I use what I use because I like it and it works for me. I’d suggest taking advantage of the 14 day return policy. Try it out, and if it doesn’t work for you, then return it and get something that works for you.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You should wait till February, bb prices fall quite rapidly.

Regarding Mail attachments:
iPhone + acomoli > bb10 hub

Acompli Email by Acompli
https://appsto.re/us/fJ2BX.i

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking , I'll pick up a blackberry passport when prices drop,I'm intrigued by the side by side app feature. True multitasking, Ive been playing with my iPhone 6 plus non-stop I'm on business trip in hotel, sitting in buenos aires, sunny day, haven't opened my laptop, iPad mini yet! I should go outside but enjoying the 6 plus, still one hand feels a bit big, but the screen real estate really allows you to work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy