My Bluetooth feature won't turn on

MikeeA

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Update to the latest ios 8.1 last Monday when it was released.
Had no problems with Bluetooth or wifi.

Then today I notice my Bluetooth isn't working. In fact I can't even switch it on. Get the spinning wheel where the toggle switch should be.

I've tired resetting network settings
I've tried erasing all and going back to factory

Anyone have any ideas how I can reset the Bluetooth?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414967197.922302.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A pretty common frequency of reports online of bluetooth issues, though mainly connectivity issues and not what you've described. Have you tried a total restore on the device? I know this sounds like a generic answer that iPhone forums throw at newbies too often, but the truth is, sometimes these things fall within bad/corrupted restores, and because of this, MOST times a restore will fix these buggy problems. I would try a fresh restore, maybe even try setting up as new in case your saved backup has an issue itself. After you've exhausted those issues, take it back and get a replacement device...great thing about Apple, they'll replace yours without a second question for something like this.

MikeeA

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi SeanHRCC

Yes I've tried factory reset twice now and did a setup as new phone in case back up was bad, but still no luck.

I'll be booking a slot with Apple and will hopefully just get a replacement like you say.

Balebat77

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Problem on iphone 5c 32GB running on iOS 9.3.1.
Bluetooth on/off button simply doesn't exist and does not even allow me to progress as far as to search for a device.
No matter how long you leave it it will not provide the on/off button nor will it pair with anything (I do not believe this is a pairing issue as I can not even get to the stage of turning Bluetooth On because the button is not there and is replaced with spinning wheel.
Tried full factory restore twice, cures it for about 2 days then problem returns.

Phone no longer under warranty so replacement not an option.

I see other users have posted in these forums and the advice seems to be "Book a Genius Bar appointment". For those that have, has it worked? How long have you been without phone? Are they expensive? Is there a home fix that can be done without sending phone for repair?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoJo