My battery drains so fast??

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Got my new iPhone 5 today with ios 7, it can barely stay for 2 hours from 100%-0%.

I have few apps like whattsap, facebook, twitter, instagram, bbc news, cnn news, cnn oney, bbc sports, imore forums, goal.com, tapatalk, shazam, messenger, tr news, chrome, dictionary, livescore, supersport, imdb, telegram, pinterest, ebay, amazon, bible, wikipedia and youtuebe.

I have 3G running with data roaming.

Please help out guys.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: My battery draines so fast??

That most definatly isn't right... Take your phone back and demand a new one. You should be getting way better usage then that. Did you try updating the software?

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

A lot of apps could be running in the background, or seems like most of them have location services. Turn them off when you don't need them. My iPhone5s running 7.1.2 can last 8 hours at least

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Also Data Roaming will put a good size dent in your battery usage

If you were running iOS 8 you could use the new feature in Usage to monitor your consumption

Emmett95

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

You have need to close your extra running apps and also watch out your phone brightness and data connection if you don't used and other things as well. I hope you get better results.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My battery draines so fast??

I have to close out apps when I'm done with them or my battery, performance, and stability get compromised. I'm on iOS 8.0.2.

I'd suggest turning off background data and just do fetch for the unimportant apps.

I also keep location off for most things unless I'm actively using them. That or they're for security reasons.

If the phone doesn't improve, I'd venture to say it's a defective unit.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I have to close out apps when I'm done with them or my battery, performance, and stability get compromised. I'm on iOS 8.0.2.

I'd suggest turning off background data and just do fetch for the unimportant apps.

I also keep location off for most things unless I'm actively using them. That or they're for security reasons.

If the phone doesn't improve, I'd venture to say it's a defective unit.

I have done the same as u said and i see abit of results, adding 3 more hours. So i can survive 5 hours of data usage.

I still want to sell it to other people and update to 5S, because i bought it online and incurred lots of money for importing here

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you bought it used, then the battery is wearing out. 5 hours is OK with heavy use for an older phone.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No phone lasts only two hours, even my old BlackBerry Z10, maybe get it replaced would be good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson