• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Moving Songs and Albums from iCloud Sync + Dropbox to Apple Music

velanche

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi There:
I am a DJ, and a recent owner of the 2nd gen iPad Pro. I am currently attempting at pushing its capabilities, especially with iOS 11 and its various multitasking features....and the Files app!

I get music promos from labels and industry professionals, where ultimately the files get downloaded to Files. I have been able to accomplish this, but now I'd like to get them moved into my Apple Music library without having to use iTunes on my computer. Some of those music files are gonna get played by my Traktor DJ for iPad software for mixes and my music podcast.

How can I accomplish getting the music from iCloud Sync to my Apple Music library, all on my iPad? I am open to ideas.

Thank you!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Traktor from Native instruments supports DropBox, you might want to try that. DJay Pro supports iCloud library, but you must download to your device first. I know Traktor supports audiobus, though not sure if any good DJ app does what you are looking for. The AudioShare app supports the Files app in iOS 11, but not Traktor or DJay Pro yet.

Hook for iPad is $13, but supports AudioCopy, which might work.

Maybe someone else has a solution.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How can I accomplish getting the music from iCloud Sync to my Apple Music library, all on my iPad? I am open to ideas.

That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Plus, now that iTunes doesn't fully support ringtone syncing, it'd be nice to be able to do the same with self-made ringtones. Hopefully, Apple will get there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin