Moved to another country and reset my 5C and now cannot activate it

abhishek8605

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I bought an iphone 5C in singapore, paid full price for it. They put in a singaporean sim card inside and activated it. I used the phone on wifi for about a week and then flew to thailand where I am now. The phone is a gift so I reset the phone before I came here. Now when I took it the local carrier here, when they put in their sim card inside it says that the sim is not supported. I have a singaporean sim card but it's not a nano sim, so I can't even put it inside the iphone to activate it.

What are my options?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I bought an iphone 5C in singapore, paid full price for it. They put in a singaporean sim card inside and activated it. I used the phone on wifi for about a week and then flew to thailand where I am now. The phone is a gift so I reset the phone before I came here. Now when I took it the local carrier here, when they put in their sim card inside it says that the sim is not supported. I have a singaporean sim card but it's not a nano sim, so I can't even put it inside the iphone to activate it.

What are my options?

If your local wireless provider cannot provide you with a proper sized SIM, you may be forced into to picking up a tool called a SIM cutter. What this does is cut down your existing SIM to fit. eBay has a wide selection of SIM cutters for very reasonable prices.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

What are my options?

Aside from advice above about cutting the Singaporean sim, also should look into carrier-unlocking it, given that you paid full price.

Hopefully the original carrier will play ball. Other sources of unlocks ... I know of people who've done it, but I never like going through those sites. And availability of all this depends on the original carrier, of course.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77