• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Mail Folders on Ipad mini4

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
HI...we have an Ipad mini 4, love it and never had any issues, but have something going on now that has me puzzled. We also have an Iphone 6s as well as a windows laptop. I can access my email on the laptop, iphone and all my mail is there...including all the mail I save in specific mail folders I've created. When I access the mail on the Ipad, there are all the deleted emails and a few in the inbox, but all of the subfolders (work, club, kids etc) are all empty. I've turned off and turned the mini4 back on, I've deleted the email account completely and reinstalled it and there are no changes to what is there. It was there earlier today, but all gone now, even after reinstalling. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To me, the problem is with syncing. Have you tried resetting the network settings?

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Without showing too much of my lack of knowledge...where would I find the syncing in settings? I've looked but don't see it, of course that don't mean too much. Thanks again Just_Me_D

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I can think of is that my Outlook account has an option in settings / mail / accounts / [my Outlook account] at the bottom that says "Mail days to sync". It was originally set to a week; I reset it to no limit. If your mail provider has such an option there, that may explain it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Without showing too much of my lack of knowledge...where would I find the syncing in settings? I've looked but don't see it, of course that don't mean too much. Thanks again Just_Me_D

doogald posted the whereabouts of the mail sync settings, if applicable. Now in regard to resetting the network settings, go to Settings→ General → Reset, and then select “Reset Network Settings”.

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Wow...I'm getting to be a pain. I thank you both for your input, I really do, but once I reset the network according to the info above, I cannot connect to the server. With that being said, I did delete the outlook account again (Which I believe is the server, which is live.com) and then reinstall that email account, there is nothing asking for any server info or anything, just email account and password, which I put in. Am I missing something or my mind is that far off? This should be something simple since all can be accessed on iPhone and laptop for that account. Strange

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
ok...so the two options above were tried and did not work at all. I honestly thank you both for your help with this. Anyway, used the iPad the rest of the day and even the next morning and email would not come in. Around noon on Labor Day, the email starts populating like there was never an issue. So I have no idea what was wrong or whatever, but everything is back to normal. Go figure.
Thanks again

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ok...so the two options above were tried and did not work at all. I honestly thank you both for your help with this. Anyway, used the iPad the rest of the day and even the next morning and email would not come in. Around noon on Labor Day, the email starts populating like there was never an issue. So I have no idea what was wrong or whatever, but everything is back to normal. Go figure.
Thanks again

You’re very welcome, and thank you for the update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman