macTuneUp v7 question

Joel Breiner

May 9, 2015
Visit site
macTuneUp v7 came as a freebie with my macBook about 10 months ago. My life runs on this laptop its mission critical so I'm careful not to indiscriminately add, run, play and test software on this machine for the fun of it. I installed the TuneUp application but have never run it. Well, after ten months using the MBP it may be time to clean up the machine. That is what this application claims to do expertly for $39 (free to me).

Having been around the block a few times before running and creating a disaster scenario I went on line to check the reviews and comments. I was surprised to find a number of very negative remarks. I am still running Maverick which came on the MB and have never upgraded because I have had zero problems and it does pretty much whatever I do running on the original OS.

Has anyone used this macTuneUp v7 application that can comment about the experience and especially any problems caused or encountered. It is not very intuitive although it purports to be. Nor is it easy to ascertain if I should modify what it does by default. It claims to be "safe". I've seen that before....and been sorry I believed it. I can see where running it on the defaults out of the box could possibly remove or change things I would not agree with. The goal is to find a one click clean up solution to run occassionally then forget for a year.

So, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with macTuneUp ver 7? If so what advice can you offer to someone who has never run an out of the box "clean up" software application on a MBP; especially this application after reading those warnings in the Amazon reviews.

I hate to blow away retail software (referring to this application) most people pay for...but, unless I hear a positive recommendation I'm not gong to try it and will remove it so I don't accidentally run and regret it. Having said that ~ if it's not this one perhaps somebody out there can recommend the safest, FASTEST, and EASIEST application for cleaning up a late model MBP. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1