Losing Service with the 4S 5.01 Jailbreak

maxcarmack

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Issue: I've got a 4S running 5.0.1 on Sprint that I have attempted to jailbreak using the newly released absinthe. Every time I get so far into my jailbreak setup (after cydia has installed, downloading apps and adding sources ect.) I find that my service disappears. I don't get the "No Service" message, only my custom carrier string with the wifi sign next to it, granted that wifi is on.

What I've Tried: I have toggled on and off the settings for both edge and 3g, I have removed each cydia application separately to see if i can regain service- no cigar. I have put my phone through both both hard and soft resets. I have gone back to 'default' network settings. I have restored- after which I regain service, only to jailbreak again and have it randomly cease function. Twice.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.. I can just restore and have service, however I really enjoy the hands on goodness that is a jailbroken iPhone.

Thanks,

Max.:D

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are any of you on sprint or Verizon? Sbsettings did an update because using the 3G toggle on those networks causes this issue.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: maxcarmack

maxcarmack

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you on sprint or Verizon? Sbsettings did an update because using the 3G toggle on those networks causes this issue.

Ahh, I am on Sprint. I'll try this update and get back to you guys with my results.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It says to reset network settings after you install the update to be safe, FYI.

maxcarmack

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Had everything working until I installed auto 3G which messed everything up. Shouldn't have done that but I was experimenting. Think there is any way to re-enable service before I restore and re-jailbreak?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4