Looking for a bluetooth recommendation

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
So I have an inexpensive Plantronics Bluetooth headset that's a couple years old that works fine except for one thing, I'm constantly accidentally dialing relatives.

See, the button on this headset is sensitive and at times I'm keeping it in my pocket, it doesn't take much to activate the button, even to double tab it. So it's activating my iPhone 4 and calling the most recent number, sometimes multiple times. I turn it off, but again the button is so sensitive, even though you have to hold it for two seconds, sometimes I'm turning the darn thing on and then accidentally calling! I'm now slightly famous in the family for this.

So I need a new bluetooth headset for driving the criteria are:

1) Not too expensive, I'm not looking to spend $80 on a tiny piece of plastic
2) Has to have a durable earloop. I've owned bluetooth headsets with a tiny wire for an earloop and I sneeze and they break, requiring me to find a specialty replacement shop to find the dang earloops.
3) Button can avoid accidental activations after being in a pocket for 30 minutes or so.
4) Doesn't sound like utter crap on both ends, should be able to have a decent conversation.

A bonus feature would be able to walk around and listen to something like a podcast. I have full stereo headphones for listening to music, but this is for something when I'm running errands and just want to catch up on a podcast and listening in one ear is fine.

mrtoweleeeie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So I have an inexpensive Plantronics Bluetooth headset that's a couple years old that works fine except for one thing, I'm constantly accidentally dialing relatives.

See, the button on this headset is sensitive and at times I'm keeping it in my pocket, it doesn't take much to activate the button, even to double tab it. So it's activating my iPhone 4 and calling the most recent number, sometimes multiple times. I turn it off, but again the button is so sensitive, even though you have to hold it for two seconds, sometimes I'm turning the darn thing on and then accidentally calling! I'm now slightly famous in the family for this.

2) Has to have a durable earloop. I've owned bluetooth headsets with a tiny wire for an earloop and I sneeze and they break, requiring me to find a specialty replacement shop to find the dang earloops.
3) Button can avoid accidental activations after being in a pocket for 30 minutes or so.
4) Doesn't sound like utter crap on both ends, should be able to have a decent conversation.

A bonus feature would be able to walk around and listen to something like a podcast. I have full stereo headphones for listening to music, but this is for something when I'm running errands and just want to catch up on a podcast and listening in one ear is fine.

I see that you tried the Plantronics. They make the best headsets IMO.
Have you tried the Plantronics Voyager Pro? It's almost exactly what you described up top. It's my favorite headset to date because of comfort factor.

I think they have new ones where you can pair it up to a desk phone headset but have yet tried it. I personally have the Savvi Office W0200. Works great but wish it was also bluetooth compatible.

hope this helps

gschwarzer

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

I think Motorola has it together in bluetooth. Have a hands free kit for car from them that beats all the rest I've trie.