Location reminders ios 7 unreliable

I

iMore Question

Hi,

I have been trying to get IOS 7 location based reminders to work reliablily with no luck. I have followed your guide ,reinstalled a fresh copy of ios 7 & checked all settints.
I have contacted apple support with know helpful info, but to escalate it another department. besides your form I haven't found any helpful info. I don't think it is a used feature.
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it may not be supported.

Thank you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to get IOS 7 location based reminders to work reliablily with no luck. I have followed your guide ,reinstalled a fresh copy of ios 7 & checked all settints.
I have contacted apple support with know helpful info, but to escalate it another department. besides your form I haven't found any helpful info. I don't think it is a used feature.
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it may not be supported.

Thank you.

Might be a canada thing mine works fine just make sure all your location services are turned on

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It may not be supported and that might have been the first question to have asked them. If supported and you are setting up a reminder like call John when I get home and you have locations services on and your info with address and everything set up as a contact as well, It should work fine. I am still on a a 4S waiting on the 5S but on iOS 7 and use location based reminders quite often flawlessly. Hope all works out for you.

Lfcou

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This worked for both of my iPhones (5 & 5s)
Go to Settings - General - Reset
Press "Reset Location & Privacy"
Attempt to establish a Location based reminder using Siri
Siri will tell you that you need to enable reminders in "Settings - Privacy - Location Services"
Once Reminders is enabled return to Siri and establish a Location based reminder. You should see the hollow arrow geofence graphic in top information bar. Your reminder should alert as in ios 6 now.

Over several days of setting reminders to alert when "arriving/departing home or work" the alerts have become more precise...meaning instead of alerting within a half mile of destination/departure point the reminder alerts more like 300 to 500 ft. of the destination/departure point.

IF you open the reminder app you will have to repeat the above process. I've put the reminder app in a folder with other system apps I don't use and pushed it to my back page. I just don't use the reminder app now.