List view vs. Honeycomb

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I saw this topic pop up on Reddit and thought it would be an interesting topic for conversation. For those of you with an Apple Watch, do you use the Honeycomb view or the List view when looking for an App on your Watch?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use the honeycomb view. I just know where the apps are spatially.

I absolutely have no clue how they’re called, and I spend too much time searching in List view.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I use List and cannot imagine why anyone would use Honeycomb. What are the advantages?

No scrolling on a tiny screen is a huge advantage

Once you rearrange the honeycomb grid with your most used apps around the clock app, muscle memory takes over and makes for a extremely quick and efficient ui.

Reactions: Annie_M and markm

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to use the dock! I have found that putting my "favorite" apps in the dock is very helpful.

I thought apple was getting rid of the dock with the watch os 10, only recent apps if you double press the crown.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
List view for me; I also have frequently accessed apps in the dock.

I believe that I heard that honeycomb view is changed for watchOS 10? It's now a sort of hybrid of list view and grid view? Is that right?

As for losing frequently accessed apps in the dock - I'll be fine without it, as I think the new troll up to view widgets view will populate with data from my most-use apps anyway.

Reactions: Annie_M

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do I get the Watch to show only Favorites selected in the Watch app? My Watch wants to show all the apps, not just favorites.
Never mind. Figured it out. I was pressing the crown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie_M

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77