Just watched WWDC and have a quick question!

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I just watched MOST of the WWDC (AMAZING) conference and didn't catch if there is a new phone coming out. Is it just the iOs7 update for the iPhone5? Reason I ask is because I have to go in for a new phone by tomorrow and was wondering if I should hold off or get the 5 as that is the latest and will stay the latest?

Also, I've read that the black iPhone 5 scrapes and gets scratches easily. Is this the case for most of you black phone users?

Thanks so much!:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! I just watched MOST of the WWDC (AMAZING) conference and didn't catch if there is a new phone coming out. Is it just the iOs7 update for the iPhone5? Reason I ask is because I have to go in for a new phone by tomorrow and was wondering if I should hold off or get the 5 as that is the latest and will stay the latest?

Also, I've read that the black iPhone 5 scrapes and gets scratches easily. Is this the case for most of you black phone users?

The WWDC is typically when Apple announces new iterations of their software... the new iPhone and any iPad releases won’t be announced until later in the year - and the iOS devices are typically made available in the fall (September/October)...

There’s a new iPhone coming, but it was NOT announced today.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The focus was on the new Mac hardware, OS X Maverick and iOS 7. There was no mention of the next iPhone or other new iOS devices. iOS 7 will be available to the public this fall which leads me to believe that the next iPhone will be available then as well so you might as well get the iPhone 5 now. It will get the updated iOS. As for scratches and such, both will get them and be visible depending on your handling of the device.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't want to hijack the thread, but didn't they show that phone/message blocking is coming? if they are talking about a true call filter that works behind the scene (headless app), I'm in.
Apple seemed to have relaxed the API. They did not allow any headless apps for the fear of the battery life, but now they relaxed it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't want to hijack the thread, but didn't they show that phone/message blocking is coming? if they are talking about a true call filter that works behind the scene (headless app), I'm in.
Apple seemed to have relaxed the API. They did not allow any headless apps for the fear of the battery life, but now they relaxed it.

The blocking was mentioned as an aside... as something to handle those people who just won't let go... and the subject showed up on a slide of features...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Loved the syncing of Notifications.
No more clearing on each device.
Now if they could just get iMessages to sync properly between devices.
Great presentation.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2