Jailbreak iPhone 4 5.1.1 via mountain lion

tomksae

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
From the start, I can't get absinthe 2.0.1 to run on my comp. I have a 14 month old MacBook pro running mountain lion. After downloading the software, I get the "this software is from an unapproved source, open anyway?" popup window, to which I click yes. The greenpois0n logo flashes in my icon dock but goes away. Any ideas on how to get te software running?

I tried to JB using my NetBook running windows xp and had no luck... Said it couldn't connect to download, for whatever reason.

If anyone has any grand ideas on how to fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a solution for OSX Mountain Lion yet? Absinthe 2.0.4 will not open...<br />
<br />
---------- Edit ---------<br />
I figured it out.<br />
Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0.4<br />
<br />
Step 2: Right click on the Absinthe icon and select ?Show Package Contents?.<br />
<br />
Step 3: Navigate to the Contents/MacOS folder and right click on Absinthe 10.6 and select Open With?Terminal.<br />
<br />
Step 4: This will invoke the GUI interface of Absinthe, and you can now proceed with the jailbreak as normal<br />
<br />
That?s all there is to it! Special thanks to Idhanta Kakkar for the tip.

this is from user ronmcse

Reactions: BryantCarpio

aperez203

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a solution for OSX Mountain Lion yet? Absinthe 2.0.4 will not open...<br />
<br />
---------- Edit ---------<br />
I figured it out.<br />
Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0.4<br />
<br />
Step 2: Right click on the Absinthe icon and select ?Show Package Contents?.<br />
<br />
Step 3: Navigate to the Contents/MacOS folder and right click on Absinthe 10.6 and select Open With?Terminal.<br />
<br />
Step 4: This will invoke the GUI interface of Absinthe, and you can now proceed with the jailbreak as normal<br />
<br />
That?s all there is to it! Special thanks to Idhanta Kakkar for the tip.

this is from user ronmcse
I tried using the above mentioned steps and I'm confused with

Opening with "Terminal" is this an app I need to download in order to open Absinthe 10.6, if so what app do I need to download.

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Cydiahelp.com, download redsnow and it will work no problem on Mountain Lion. Just run Redsnow and follow the prompts its that easy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prairiekid0