• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iTunes Duplicates of TV Episodes?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been buying several seasons of TV shows now that I have an Apple TV, but one series, Elementary season 1, is duplicated on my PC in iTunes. Every episode is downloaded twice. When I delete the duplicate episodes, however, the duplicates are still listed with a cloud next to them. How can I get iTunes to just show each episode once in the list?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been buying several seasons of TV shows now that I have an Apple TV, but one series, Elementary season 1, is duplicated on my PC in iTunes. Every episode is downloaded twice. When I delete the duplicate episodes, however, the duplicates are still listed with a cloud next to them. How can I get iTunes to just show each episode once in the list?

Is one HD and another SD ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

W0LF

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Had same problem.. I'm hoping it will get fixed when GM is released, but for now you can delete any duplicates then hide them by going to Settings/iTunes & App Store and under SHOW ALL, switch off Music and Videos. It doesn't solve the problem, but at least you won't see it!

W0LF

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Another forum had a link to the tool Apple released at the same time as Beta 6, but wasn't available OTA.

You can download from your dev portal.

Installs option under Music in settings to delete all music and video so you can reinstall - a much longer method, but works..

Last edited by a moderator:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Another forum had a link to the tool Apple released at the same time as Beta 6, but wasn't available OTA.

You can download from your dev portal.

Installs option under Music in settings to delete all music and video so you can reinstall - a much longer method, but works..

If you email the file to yourself it's easy to install also

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !