• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

It happened

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was in my kitchen doing something last evening, I don’t even know what I was doing. Then it happened.

...like it was in 240fps slow motion.

I managed to drop my Silver X.

It was like I entered the 5th dimension.

I thought, Ooohhhhhhh shiiiiii..... Don’t know how it happened. I watched helplessly, heart stopped and breath stolen, as she seemed to fall forever tumbling through the air. Then a crisp KerrrSmaaack as it landed on a corner, did some kind of dance, and returned to the floor face down.

I stood there for a moment in shocked terror. Frozen. How could this happen? Then I gathered my strength and picked her up expecting to be horrified and wondering how much I was gonna spend to remove the horrible blemishes....

Not so much as a scratch. The tempered glass and thin case protected My Precious. I feel like I need to inspect it again. I can’t be that lucky .

I may need to go to phone rehab. It’s just a phone.

Last edited:

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Glad it's ok, dropped my 8 plus with Apple leather case and glass screen protector no damage either.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I see this morning that the case got a few scratches but it was only an $8 case and a new one is already on the way.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
SO Glad it's ok! Replacing an $8 cases is a no-brainer!!!!
I know! I also noticed the faintest of hairline cracks in the tempered glass sp. Fortunately, I have extras on hand. I think I'll start using one of my Tech 21 cases...at least for a bit.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was in my kitchen doing something last evening, I don’t even know whatI was doing. Then it happened.

I thought, Ooohhhhhhh shiiiiii..... Don’t know how it happened. I watched helplessly, heart stopped and breath stolen, as seemed to fall forever tumbling through the air. Then a crisp KerrrSmaaack as it landed on a corner, did some kind of dance, and returned to the floor face down.

I stood there for a moment in shocked terror. Frozen. How could this happen? Then I gathered my strength and picked her up expecting to be horrified and wondering how much I was gonna spend to remove the horrible blemishes....

Not so much as a scratch. The tempered glass and thin case protected My Precious. I feel like I need to inspect it again. I can’t be that lucky .

Smart move protecting your investment. It's possible it could have been worse without the preventative measures. Glad all is well!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in my kitchen doing something last evening, I don’t even know whatI was doing. Then it happened.

I thought, Ooohhhhhhh shiiiiii..... Don’t know how it happened. I watched helplessly, heart stopped and breath stolen, as she seemed to fall forever tumbling through the air. Then a crisp KerrrSmaaack as it landed on a corner, did some kind of dance, and returned to the floor face down.

(Laughing).... I’m so glad that your iPhone was damaged, but I know you could’ve fainted while helplessly watching it fall. Thank you for sharing your experience and the laugh.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
When I got home I replaced the screen protector and put my white/clear Tech 21 mesh case on. I’ll try to be more careful.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm usually so, "I never drop my phone yada yada...." but now that I understand that I could've been outside and had serious damage I'll be more cognizant of the risks. For those of you that choose to use your devices naked, please be extra extra careful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman