Is the finger print scanner the same as iPhone?

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
So I'm completely new to Apple. Been with Android from the get go and slowly lost interest.

I just got the iPad 2 weeks ago and love it but notice the finger print scanner isn't as quick or responsive as my LG V10. It occasionally doesn't read or takes a bit longer to read. Is the iPhone scanner the same? I'm upgrading from my V10 to iPhone 8 plus once this POS is paid off around xmas time, just curious before I upgrade.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
As MooMooPrincess stated, the iPad has the old 1st Generation fingerprint sensor, which can be slow and clunky. The sensor used in the current iPhones (6s,7, 8; including Plus models) all have the second generation sensor which feels instantaneous. Even the first generation should be fairly reliable, though; if you are having issues where it won't read a finger, go into settings and try re-scanning. When you set up your finger, ensure to touch the sensor differently with your finger (including the top and sides of the finger), and when it goes to the second part of the setup -- where it tells you to change position -- then change the orientation on the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2