Is the difference in cameras between the iPhone 12 pro and pro max worth purchasing the pro max?

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm no photog snob but yes it's definitely enough for me to get the Pro Max. Every bit of improvement is well worth it for me especially for taking quick shots of my kids in indoor or poorly lit situations. The lower aperture, bigger sensor and better stabilization sounds a lot better for my use case.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
So if I’m understanding correctly, the differences are in how the Pro Max handles OIS and also an increased optical zoom distance by an additional 2x.

For me, it’s not worth the size trade off. So I went with the non-Max. I just don’t want a phone that size. I’m a little annoyed at Apple for differentiating the two models and forcing those who want the best camera to go with the largest option. I enjoyed not having to sacrifice size for feature/functionality.
It has a bigger and faster main sensor too.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It has a bigger and faster main sensor too.

True. I’m thinking video recording and low light photography will be the primary areas we notice differences. So if those are two important areas, it may be worth it.

That said, the low light portrait mode is amazing on the 12 Pro.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I use to purchase new cameras every two years or so however I now only use only iPhone so I am leaning towards a Pro max for the best cameras and the jump in battery life outweighs the extra weight and size .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77