is jailbreaking worth it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeast3203

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Just got a 3Gs and im just wondering if it is worth it to jailbreak my phone and try to get the flash player or some of the other apps. Any opinions would help.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The answer to your question is a statement of opinion. And we all know what opinions are like... ;)

Read through the threads here on the different app's you can DL once you jailbreak. Take in the experiences of those who have, and those who haven't. Ask yourself what the iPhone doesn't do at current that you want it to, and figure out if JB is the best choice for you.

If you decide to jailbreak, read the tutorials, and make sure you get the correct IPSW. I used my 3GS stock for a few weeks & then jailbroke, and now wouldn't wanna go w/out. You can also restore back to bone stock if you don't like the JB version of your iPhone; neither is a permanent choice.

I can say from Googling for "iphone forums" & browsing many of them, you've found one of - if not the - best here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
^^^ Exactly what I was going to say it's all a matter of choice. I like it because I'm able to use my own wallpaper for both my unlock and homescreen, I'm able to record video on my 3G with cycorder, Able to connect to my phone to get my videos, Themes, Change default SMS tone, Cool cydia apps like ToneFXs and others, LockCal, Able to clear out my email auto addresses. If any of these appeal to you then it's worth it, also if you don't like you can always go back it's not irreversible. Just remember to get all the info on JB and do it right. Once it's done you are not being protected by Apple's measures ie. Backgrounder - forget and leave alot of apps running and you could kill your battery fast, If you use OpenSSH always remember to turn it off when you're done with it because you leave your phone open to others and it also kills your battery real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855