Is it Time for another OS??

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been in the smartphone technology arena since the early days and I remember when Blackberry OS was the one everyone wanted and everyone had a BBM PIN ID.

Then came Android and IOS and they became the dominant titans in the operating system arena. Windows mobile made an attempt to get a piece of the pie and even with their resources and unlimited capital, it just didn’t take off and the developers soon abandoned it as they did Blackberry when Android and IOS took off.

The point is, it was fun when we had more then two players in the arena and the different forums where alive with folks who where trying different apps and flashing early releases of the different operating systems.

I am not saying that I don’t like IOS or Android anymore, I just wish another player would make an attempt to enter the playing field and spice things up a little.

I even remember getting excited about the Tizen OS that Samsung hyped up and I never seen them put a device on the market here in the US that ran the new OS.

I was just thinking out loud and wondered if there where folks out there on the forums who feel the same as I do?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would have liked Windows mobile to stay on but alas it was not to be.

I have used about every mobile OS since the early days, Windows Mobile and the tile icons was not really that bad. I liked the Nokia devices running Windows Mobile and they had great build and camera quality.

As with most mobile OS platforms, once they loose developer support, they are doomed and that’s reality in 2019 I am afraid to say.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855