Is Apple just trying to persuade you that a watch is integral?

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at from a companies point of view and product development trending.

you're so in you're own world it's crazy.

NOTHING I said was about "how products are built." I was talking about what products I want to buy.

You decided to hear what you want to hear and be outraged by it. Then wrote a response to something completely irrelevant to my point. You simply aren't comprehending what people are writing. And here's a reality check. Half of the 7 billion people on this planet if not more can't afford wearable tech, don't care what it does, and have greater concerns than those going on in you're world. Apple isn't making products from them. I'd respond to the rest of your post but it's clearly not responsive to my comment.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
you're so in you're own world it's crazy.

NOTHING I said was about "how products are built." I was talking about what products I want to buy.

You decided to hear what you want to hear and be outraged by it. Then wrote a response to something completely irrelevant to my point. You simply aren't comprehending what people are writing. And here's a reality check. Half of the 7 billion people on this planet if not more can't afford wearable tech, don't care what it does, and have greater concerns than those going on in you're world. Apple isn't making products from them. I'd respond to the rest of your post but it's clearly not responsive to my comment.

And let's try it again, it is perfectly fine you feel the product has no use FOR YOU.

Especially , in that you've never used it, but again I'm not addressing only you, but the overall discussion about the iWatch, but let me reiterate again if you didn't get it the first , it's fine if you feel it's no use for you. They aren't building an iWatch just for you.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Personally I hate watches, smart or dumb as doorknobs, watches aren't my thing. But I could totally see someone who uses a watch daily to enjoy and make good use of an Apple watch. Just not me. I actually like to whip out my phone and look at it. 😊

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
All the arguing and bickering in this thread... It oddly makes me suddenly feel like I want to buy a watch.

I've never owned a wrist watch.

Well, a while back I'd never owned an iPhone either.

Times are changing...

Maybe.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You don't need, but it is how we will work with machines in the future. You don't need a mouse we had keyboards, you don't need a screen we had switches, lights and plotters, you didn't need a cell phone many older generations are content with lan line and snail mail, but better or worse a wearable is the next step, and eventually we will have implants ... This is the procession of technology ... It's actually a science principle called the singularity. Great books on the subject , check one out.

I'm with you on implants and will be in line on day one. Or putting my brain into a robot body. Or downloading my mind into a computer. I'd even settle for being a head in a jar.

But a smart watch...I just don't see it. All the other things you listed solved problems or greatly improved workflows. I don't see how being able to read a text message on my wrist is going to be better than reading it on my phone. My phone is always within arm's reach. If it isn't within reach then there is a valid reason why it is not and I do not need a smart watch in that time instead of my phone.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my pocket computer. I just don't see how a face or wrist computer will improve my life.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple really doesn't need to do much persuading. Apple makes a new product announcement, people talk crap about it before the product even launches. Once it does launch, people try it out, ending up falling in love with it, they sell out like hot cakes. Apple sells 'em by the Millions!!!

I'm sure this is how the Apple Watch will play out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77