Is anyone else getting a late shipping message on their order page?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
For me paying monthly is better. With att your monthly tablet bill is $10 for cellular plus the device payment. Unless you pay AppleCare in full, you are paying about $6 a month on the new iPads.

I’m still debating whether to keep my 10.5” iPad or go and get the new 12.9” one. Money wise it’s $20 more a month going from 512 to 1TB on the storage. Have to see what I can do with 6 gb of RAM vs 4. I can practically fill the 256 up with no problem. That’s why I have to get the 512. Let you know what I’m going to do.

Money wise I should just keep the 10.5” and forget about the new ones. Is 2.4” worth all the extra money? For me that seems to be the question.

I saw the two iPads side-by-side at an Apple store today. I was always going to go with the 12.9 and I’m very glad I did. The 11” really does seem small and if you are going to multitask, the extra 2.4” makes a big difference imo

The 12.9 is MUCH more portable than the previous model (which I’ve used since launch in 2015 and is still much more portable than my 15” MacBookPro)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I meant the difference between the 10.5” and the 12.9” iPad pros is 2.4”. Hope I got it right this time.

Make sense (Sort of) as you can see from the screen shot, the chrome view of iMore I can't see 2 . 4 it just disappears. But it's not just 2.4 it's the overall screen size. You need to square the size. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro has 80.3 square inches of display area. The 10.5-inch iPad Pro has 53.2 sq. in., so the larger model has over 50% more screen space... and not just 2 . 4 " bigger

2018-11-12_15-42-25.jpg

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Okay I understand. I was looking at the easy way of figuring it. At least someone’s going to buy the 10.5” for $400. Maybe because it’s the cellular one.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well it’s sold and now my shipping date was from 11/28-12/5. This morning they emailed me and said Monday at 3pm. THIS MONDAY!. I can’t believe it’s coming already. Have to go everywhere and find a smart folio case this weekend.

This is the first time I’ve bought an iPad without seeing it or touching it. I’ve always bought in store, never before online.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Found the smart folio case at a Best Buy in Ohio. Looked on the app everywhere for them. They were around this morning but then they’re gone. Ordered one in black(too many words for charcoal gray). Will pick up tomorrow.

Looked online at the Smart Keyboard, can’t see paying $200 for it since I don’t hardly type.

Wondering if the weather is going to mess up my iPad delivery on Monday. They say it’s in Romulus. Probably near the airport. 3pm my time. Have to stay at the work to get it.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Picked up the case just now. Got my first look at the new iPads. Wow are they nice. Looked at the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9” one. It’s nice but I don’t know if it’s worth $200. If I find later that I have some use for it than I’ll buy it.

Can’t wait for tomorrow soon enough. By 3pm it’ll be here. Didn’t look at the pencil. It was on top of the iPad but I wasn’t interested in it. Have to see if that’s needed along with the Smart Keyboard later on.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the case just now. Got my first look at the new iPads. Wow are they nice. Looked at the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9” one. It’s nice but I don’t know if it’s worth $200. If I find later that I have some use for it than I’ll buy it.

Can’t wait for tomorrow soon enough. By 3pm.

Which case did you get?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Smart folio in black. Didn’t really look at any others. Waiting for Targus to come out with something. When i had the 1st gen 12.9” I had a Targus case. If anyone knows these cases you know they are thick. It’s like having an old laptop. That was the size of it. I need the protection because I’m using it mostly in the truck. Hope this case works out.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well it’s here!!! 🤪🤪🤪. When they gave it to me I had to make sure. I couldn’t believe how light the box was. Got in the truck and opened it right away. Had to be sure it was in there. Setting it up later when I get home. Now, at least for the winter, my MacBook Pro is going to be just sitting around.

$1500 plus for that thing. Have to be productive on it somehow.

One thing for sure. Playing Forges of Empire on the iPhone X was crazy. I was starting to miss my 10.5” iPad Pro. Going to see how it looks on the 12.9” one. All that money for that thing and the first thing I’m thinking about is that game. Good thing I canceled the 1TB model.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one last evening (space grey, 512gb, cell and WiFi). Apple gave a shipping date of 12/17. The Apple Store has them in stock, so I picked one up today and cancelled my order.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I ordered one last evening (space grey, 512gb, cell and WiFi). Apple gave a shipping date of 12/17. The Apple Store has them in stock, so I picked one up today and cancelled my order.

Good. Hope you like it. I set mine up last night. Can’t believe the screen and how lite it is. Downloaded almost all of my movies and tv shows and it seems almost have the storage is used already. Had a thought about maybe returning it and getting the 1TB. Looked at the money and what I have and said this has to be good enough for me. So now I’m happy with it

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Good. Hope you like it. I set mine up last night. Can’t believe the screen and how lite it is. Downloaded almost all of my movies and tv shows and it seems almost have the storage is used already. Had a thought about maybe returning it and getting the 1TB. Looked at the money and what I have and said this has to be good enough for me. So now I’m happy with it

Plus. Now I that I think about it. For $400 more on the ipad, which is about $20 a month for 20 months, I can buy 2 1TB Samsung SSD drives.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77