Is 4.3 worth it?

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My ip4 (4.2.1) is jailbroke and want to know what you all think. I love the extra features jailbreaking gives me, but I could live with out it. So my question is with the new features 4.3 will give me ie, better airplay, faster safari, and the other new features is it worth a restore to 4.3? I hope people that have played around with the gm will answer. If you have experience with the gm let me know in your reply. This is your chance team pure to get me back :) Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i have no experiance with the gm, but why would you want to lose all your jailbreak apps and capabilities for what really is a minor update? i dont know much about 4.3, but what does the airpley do, make it to where everything can use airplay? because theres a jailbreak app for that. mywi already brings the hotspot. faster safari would be nice, but really? its too slow for you now?

not worth it to me

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Great points! What's the jailbreak app for airplay? Maybe you know the answer to this, if I decide to restore is there a jailbreak app that will load all the jailbreak apps that i have now? Kinda of like itunes does for app store apps?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My ip4 (4.2.1) is jailbroke and want to know what you all think. I love the extra features jailbreaking gives me, but I could live with out it. So my question is with the new features 4.3 will give me ie, better airplay, faster safari, and the other new features is it worth a restore to 4.3? I hope people that have played around with the gm will answer. If you have experience with the gm let me know in your reply. This is your chance team pure to get me back :) Thanks for looking.

None of us can decide if you are going to use AirPlay and Safari so we can't tell you to upgrade. If those 2 things are important to you and you will use them a lot then you need to decide if AirPlay across all apps and faster Safari are worth having over your jailbreak stuff.

Also note that 4.3 will likely be jailbroken at some point so no reason to fret just yet. Give the Dev team some time.

Personally I will never use AirPlay and rarely use Safari anymore but I want the newest OS always. So for me it's just like an added bonus when there is new stuff and better working stuff.

apperiapl

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Definitelly 4.3 is useless for me.. Don't user Airplay, User Mercury Browser, not Safari.. but i get tired of reminders everytime i connect device so sooner or later i will update..

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am switching back to 4.2.1 because there isn't that many new apps that will work with AirPlay yet and I miss my jailbreak. The battery life might be slightly better. I got just over a day of use before I hit 20%. It used to be just less then a day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
4.3 is a little buggle. If you are Jailbroken, Id stay with 4.2.1. Im actually hoping there will be a 4.3.1 soon to address the bugs

AZ Gizmo

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't Jailbroken (I've been Team Pure ever since I bought my iPhone 4, but have been considering on switching over to the dark side...) on my iPhone and I regret having updated my iOS to 4.3. It's been giving my phone minor problems, not to mention the headache I'm having trying to watch movies that I've ripped from my own DVDs!

Stick with 4.2.1 and just wait for iOS 5 to come later this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1