• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPod touch wi-fi issues

Yorkkid11#WN

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb.. For some reason it doesn't connect to the wifi at my school but it connects everywhere else (meaning my house and friends) but when I'm at school I see the network and I join it there is no security its an open network it gived a check mark but when I open up sarafi and try to go to a web page it just keeps saying connecting and youtbe says it cannot conenct either. Can anybody help with this problem?

*ipod is jailbroken on 3.1.2 using blackra1n

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
there are ways to limit actual connections to approved devices on networks. I can think of several off the top of my head

these include-
a system that requires a specific application be running
MAC address filtering
endpoint analysis

an open wifi network doesn't mean it's an open Internet network.

you're going to have to contact your school for more help.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I am wondering if the jailbreaking is the problem even if your friends own are jailbroken too something is not connecting with your phone. Have you checked out the hardware.

gonzossm

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you just cant connect to open networks its weird -.-"
speaking of networks does anyone know a way to get into networks without knowing there passwords? :S

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman