• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPod Touch 4 stuck in recovery mode and won't be detected by computer! Why, how can I fix it?

I

iMore Question

iPod touch 4 stuck in recovery mode and won't be detected by computer!

Hey all!
I was restoring my old iPod 4 (it still worked perfectly fine) for my younger brother using my computer and iTunes, but in the middle of the process, the restoration process failed. Now, my iPod seems to be stuck in recovery mode (blue iTunes logo and usb cable), but it won't be detected by either iTunes 11 or my computer in general. I've already tried 3rd party applications to try to kick it out of recovery mode, as well as uninstall and reinstall various versions of iTunes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPod touch 4 stuck in recovery mode and won't be detected by computer!

Hey all!
I was restoring my old iPod 4 (it still worked perfectly fine) for my younger brother using my computer and iTunes, but in the middle of the process, the restoration process failed. Now, my iPod seems to be stuck in recovery mode (blue iTunes logo and usb cable), but it won't be detected by either iTunes 11 or my computer in general. I've already tried 3rd party applications to try to kick it out of recovery mode, as well as uninstall and reinstall various versions of iTunes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

First of all, make sure that you?re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

http://www.imore.com/tip-put-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman