iPhone X Battery Problems & Battery Health

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. Well it appears my battery issues are back even with the new battery I last wrote about. I have lost 30 percent in the last 3 hours and just checked to make sure I have nothing running in background

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
On wifi but pretty strong. I also am very heavy user but even with that, I think 30 percent in 3 hours is a lot if I am only running a couple of browser windows and checking email. The new iOS also is responsible I think

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone X Battery Problems & Battery Health

Interesting indication on Battery Health since I did iOS 12.1 a couple of days ago. My iPhone 7plus is 21/2 years old (where does the time go??) and has shown Battery capacity from 98% when the Battery health beta was introduced. It was 96% recently when I checked before the last update,, now 'post-update' it's 94% which I'm very satisfied with. However it shows a bit of a 'nastygram' ie a tier below where thottling can be deactivated. My battery life & performance remain excellent and it rarely allowed to drop below 75% charge. I suspect having gone straight to the indication shown ie 'Battery Health-Service' + the 'significantly degraded' warning are nothing but a bug in 12.1 as all was good before updating.......not going to lose any sleep over it - let's see what happens when 12.1.1 is installed within the next month or so....
In the proverbial abundance of caution I installed a 3rd party 'Battery Life Doctor App' which I've used on my iPad, and was immediately not surprised to see the 96% I'm used to, and a report of 'excellent- no worries'

4088787f380fbc2bdd09114748b46fd9.jpg

Last edited:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The battery health on my 7 Plus was at 89% and my phone was purchased new in Feb 2017. Today I got the $29 battery replacement done at the Apple Store and while they were replacing the battery they found something was wrong with my display. This was news to me as I was totally unaware of any problem so they replaced the display as well for free. Glad I got the $29 battery replacement done as I would've never know about the impending display issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The battery health on my 7 Plus was at 89% and my phone was purchased new in Feb 2017. Today I got the $29 battery replacement done at the Apple Store and while they were replacing the battery they found something was wrong with my display. This was news to me as I was totally unaware of any problem so they replaced the display as well for free. Glad I got the $29 battery replacement done as I would've never know about the impending display issue.

89% is still very good. My 6s Plus was at 68% before I went for a battery. But they broke my camera and torch, so they gave me a brand new 6s Plus.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@Ledsteplin yeah you’re right my battery health wasn’t bad considering I use my phone daily for Apple Music with my AirPods while running. I remember the post about your first Apple Store experience. I know you wanted to keep some apps from iOS 10 but hey $30 for a brand spanking new 6s Plus is an awesome deal. Hope you continue to enjoy your new 6s Plus for years to come!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77