iPhone showing date a year in advance

Deepak Jadhav

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is showing date a year in advance inside apps. Date and time are set to "Set Automatically". Date in the Calender app and Home Screen is shown correctly, but the date inside apps is off by a year! I'm not sure if this problem would get resolved automatically in the new year!

IMG_0331.PNG
IMG_0332.PNG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm missing the obvious, a quick glance tells me that the dates underneath the article heading are the dates the specific articles were written/published.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm missing the obvious, a quick glance tells me that the dates underneath the article heading are the dates the specific articles were written/published.

So they were written in 2013? lol. As long as the date in your iPhone is correct, I'm sure the dates within apps will sort itself out

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So they were written in 2013? lol. As long as the date in your iPhone is correct, I'm sure the dates within apps will sort itself out

Of course not and I obviously overlooked the year...lol...Still, the incorrect dates are on CNET's end and not on the OP's device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Of course not and I obviously overlooked the year...lol...Still, the incorrect dates are on CNET's end and not on the OP's device.

Hey Buddy,
Too much FB for you this week obviously. You cannot watch a bowl game or Pro game for 2 days as punishment for missing something like that...lol

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this recently on a few other sites, using iPhone, iPad and Mac and they are all the same. Like others mentioned, it's the website not the device in hand.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Buddy,
Too much FB for you this week obviously. You cannot watch a bowl game or Pro game for 2 days as punishment for missing something like that...lol

Too late, my friend. After having lunch with my daughter, I'm watching the USC vs GaTech game on CBS. :D

Deepak Jadhav

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well...almost all the news apps that I use has this problem engadget, cnet, machash, etc. Interestingly the websites when viewed on a computer show the correct date and time. Even if the websites are having issues it would really be a very odd coincidence for all the websites to mess up with their dates!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2