iPhone SE and the ultimate iPad justifier

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
First, a little backstory.

Over the past several years, I have failed to buy and keep an iPad for more than a few days. Not because it was lost or stolen, but because invariably I would sit there, notice that I'm surrounded by a MacBook Pro, a large iPhone, and now this iPad. Felt redundant. Maybe I was just thinking about it too much, but I would always end up returning the iPad within a couple days.

I understand that what you can do with an iPad overshadows what you can do with even an iPhone 6 or 6S Plus, but considering I have a recent-enough MacBook Pro I nevertheless could never justify letting myself have the awesome toy and tool that is an iPad.

Okay, then so...

The iPhone SE looms. I never minded the 4-inch iPhone before (and, in fact, opted to nab the 6/6S Plus to aid the iPad envy), but I am seriously considering downsizing to the SE to justify an iPad.

Am I the only one with this first world conundrum, and considering this first world solution? Am I alone? Am I nuts? Both?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe...Having said that, if having a MacBook fail to justify you having an iPad, why wouldn't having a iPhone 6/66S Plus do the same in regard to the allege iPhone SE? Your MacBook is "recent enough" and so is your current iPhone. You seem to have the "let me get the new shiny toy" syndrome that'll wear off in a few days after having it.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
As a high school teacher surrounded by iPads daily, I've found my want and desire to use them at home has dwindled to almost zero. In fact, I don't even put my iPad in my bag anymore to take home. I am a 5S user and devotee and WILL be grabbing the SE if and when it's released. I also have an iMac at home. I just feel like the iPad has lost it's usefulness...at least for me.

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
It's tough. I have fond memories of the build of the iPhone 5 & 5s. But I don't know. :-\

It's weird. I do really dig my 6s Plus.... but there *are* times that the lack of perfect one-handed navigation can be a bit blerg. Tempted to let my phone be a phone and let a tablet be a tablet instead of something in between.

*ponders*