iphone running android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, but I hope not.

Update: Last year or so, I saw an iPhone or a device made to look like an iPhone, that was running an Android OS made to look like iOS. It was definitely good enough to fool those unfamiliar with iOS, but after a few taps, I knew right away that something wasn’t right. So yes, it is possible and yes it has been done. Unfortunately, it was done to cheat a teenager out of money who in turn was trying to get rid of it by doing the same to another teenager.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The device would need to be jailbroken and it really would not give you much of a benefit. Once you are jailbroken then you can install and make your device Android like if you want to.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I really don’t see the point of running Android on any iPhone? With the cheap Android based slab devices available, why would you?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to have a duel boot iPhone but don't think it'll happen. I also started a thread a while back about that subject and was pretty beat up about the idea.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I'd love to have a duel boot iPhone but don't think it'll happen. I also started a thread a while back about that subject and was pretty beat up about the idea.

For those of us who love both OS it would be awesome. Unfortunately I don’t see it ever happening.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why you'd want to run Android OS on an iPhone. iOS works so well and Apple has done such a great job of making it run smoothly. I get some people like the Android OS but there are so many reasonable priced androids out there so why not consider owning a second phone.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Not sure why you'd want to run Android OS on an iPhone. iOS works so well and Apple has done such a great job of making it run smoothly. I get some people like the Android OS but there are so many reasonable priced androids out there so why not consider owning a second phone.

If I could customize my home screen with different icon packs and widgets I would have no desire to run Android on iOS. That is literally the only reason I still want Android on my X.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If I could customize my home screen with different icon packs and widgets I would have no desire to run Android on iOS. That is literally the only reason I still want Android on my X.

Okay i get where you are coming from. When I had my S8 Plus it was nice to have that customization. I'm quite content though with just doing my own custom wallpapers. I use SwiftKey to customize my keyoard. I can live with iOS icons.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've seen a few proof of concept videos of people putting Android on iOS. None of them were fully functional though. More of a test to se if it could be done. I haven't seen one in a long time though.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I rather prefer to have two gadgets, my daily-using iPhone X and an Android which I can use that day I want to feel something different. Actually, right now I have two Android gadgets, both of them didn't cost me the third part of what cost me my X. So, for me, really no need to put Android on an iPhone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an Android and what I noticed is that even if I disable iMessage and then switch my sim my Android does’t get messages where iMessage WAS used (which is like ALL of them). That’s a bummer and deal killer.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have an Android and what I noticed is that even if I disable iMessage and then switch my sim my Android does’t get messages where iMessage WAS used (which is like ALL of them). That’s a bummer and deal killer.

I'm on a AT&T Premier account and if I swap sim I have to go into my account to update my IMEI and rate plan because they have iPhone specific plans. So if I swap into my Android device once I update my account I don't run into the iMessage issue.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My personal experience as of lately between my iPhone X and my S8 is that my X offers a more reliable experience. My S8 is a more capable device and has some features that I really wish were on my X, but the experience (specifically the occasional lag) kind of frustrates me at times. And I also type waaaaay better on my X. So personally I wouldn't want Android on my iPhone X.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Putting Android on other platforms is nothing new it was a big thing when the HP Touchpad came out members of webOSnation where switching there pads over with great success but I never got the picture

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Putting Android on other platforms is nothing new it was a big thing when the HP Touchpad came out members of webOSnation where switching there pads over with great success but I never got the picture
I got the hp touchpad at the Best Buy firesale just for the free 50gb box.net life time offer.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The device would need to be jailbroken and it really would not give you much of a benefit. Once you are jailbroken then you can install and make your device Android like if you want to.

Completely untrue. Please research prior to posting false information. Apple takes great care at a hardware level to prevent other operating systems to even access the boot loader and subsequent hardware.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37