Iphone need to cool down message

MrMercedes

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever gotten this message before? Ive owend every single version of the iphone and this is the first time Ive ever seen this. Its on my Iphone 4
Sorry the pic is so big......

2a5eps9.png

Last edited:
Reactions: emmy2phones

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
yes i've seen it and it was in previous phones also but do to the faster processor this means it is easier to over heat. you can also get it if you leave your phone on and sitting in direct sunlight for too long
im glad the iPhone does this so that you dont damage your expensive hardware

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
thats what i said when i first saw it also

it also does on occasion with out telling you... like when you leave the phone plugged into long it turns off charging so the battery doesn't over heat or over charge that why sometimes you wake up the next day after charging with 98% battery instead of full 100

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
YES i have! but the thing was, it was not hot at all, it was normal temp. When i got the message i wasnt even using it, just siting there in an air conditioned house. I dont know why it happened.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
thats what i said when i first saw it also

it also does on occasion with out telling you... like when you leave the phone plugged into long it turns off charging so the battery doesn't over heat or over charge that why sometimes you wake up the next day after charging with 98% battery instead of full 100

I hate that. But I find that if I plug it in, and touch it at 5 or 6 am, and then go back to sleep (you know, to check messages and such) it THEN stops charging and then drains. I have to unplug then plug in again when I wake up and then it goes back up to 100.

REALLY strange. I might complain in a later moment. Lol. Too cool of a phone to complain right now.

emmy2phones

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Must admit I've never seen that before and I am so glad you posted it. Also it is really good the iphone does this, takes a little worry off my mind but saying that I didn't even contemplate it overheating.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I got this message earlier this summer after I left the phone in the car on a hot day in the sun. It's a good feature because if the phone were to try to operate at temps beyond the operational range, the components could be permanently damaged.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I hate that. But I find that if I plug it in, and touch it at 5 or 6 am, and then go back to sleep (you know, to check messages and such) it THEN stops charging and then drains. I have to unplug then plug in again when I wake up and then it goes back up to 100.

REALLY strange. I might complain in a later moment. Lol. Too cool of a phone to complain right now.

When the battery is 100% charged it stops the charge. This happens on phone batteries. This way there's not a chance of "overcharging."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu