iPhone Mirroring

dmviphoner

Jun 21, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

I’m having an issue where I think someone is stalking me by mirroring my iPhone… is there anyone who would know more about how something like this is possible and what I can do to fix this and get justice if possible?

Thank you!

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Your iPhone can’t be be mirrored without you initiating it from your device. That being said, if you suspect hijinks open Control Center from the top right corner of your screen. If it looks like it does in my screenshot, you’re fine. If it’s lit up, it should show what it’s connected to and you can then disconnect by tapping on it and shutting it off.

If you’re suggesting someone has access to your iCloud and can follow where you’re going, disable any sharing in contacts and change your iCloud password.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 6.58.14 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 6.58.14 PM.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by mirroring your iPhone?

If you think someone is accessing your iCloud data, you can go to https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage/section/devices which will list all the devices on your account. From there, you can select any unrecognized device and choose Remove from account. And then, immediately change all your passwords. If you feel followed or spied on, please contact your local authorities… they are the proper avenue for investigating such behaviours.

If you’re referring to mirroring your screen, you can use the Control Centre (swipe down from top-right on iPhone X and later, or from the bottom up from an earlier phone) and tap the Screen Mirroring button. From there, it will either disconnect the phone from any connected displays or list all nearby screens (with a check mark next to the connected ones).
04bfa14c92d57f4f2a9c81d153c02901.jpg

dmviphoner

Jun 21, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for your help and replies! I think someone cloned my phone… it’s not obvious enough for it to be readily apparent on my phone. I’ve tried involving authorities but without any concrete evidence they won’t get involved… so I’m trying everything here to figure it out.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
1.As another said, change your iCloud password. Be aware all of your devices that sync with your iCloud will need the new password entered.
2. Log into to your iCloud. Do that from a browser then click on devices. You can do it in your iPhone by going to settings>your name and look at the device list but for this I’d use a browser. Do you see a device in the list that is not yours? If so delete it/them. In combination with this and the password change, this would stop that device accessing your iCloud account. (Side note, you will receive an alert when you log into iCloud via browser. Be aware of these alerts in the future).
3. Review your iCloud personal/security information. Is it up to date? Is the personal information look unfamiliar? Fix it. Remove any emails or other contacts that you don’t recognize, any email account that someone else has access to.
4. If unauthorized accessing of data isn’t through your iCloud then realistically the only way on iOS for unauthorized access to any data on the iphone is through an app (that somehow got by Apple App filtering div). Delete apps you don’t recognize/aren’t sure of. Restart your iPhone.

With complete due respect intended, “mirroring” an iPhone from a second and illegal iPhone located remotely is a very extremely unlikely technical feat that has been pulled off. Nothing is impossible but very extremely improbable. A friendly suggestion for alternate explanation: someone has accessed enough of your information online to allow them to give you the illusion they are mirroring your iPhone. If someone is giving you the impression they have “mirrored” your iphone in an attempt to get you to do or give something, don’t! It almost a certainly this is a scam/ruse. BOL

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help and replies! I think someone cloned my phone… it’s not obvious enough for it to be readily apparent on my phone. I’ve tried involving authorities but without any concrete evidence they won’t get involved… so I’m trying everything here to figure it out.

If that were true, all you would need to do is open up the find my app, locate the other iPhone and erase that device.

Then change your password.

Personally op I don’t think your phone was cloned or mirrored, in order to do that they would need access to a backup file and your iCloud password. But with those two things they wouldn’t need anything else.

It just doesn’t make any logical sense to clone a device.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
If that were true, all you would need to do is open up the find my app, locate the other iPhone and erase that device.

Then change your password.

Personally op I don’t think your phone was cloned or mirrored, in order to do that they would need access to a backup file and your iCloud password. But with those two things they wouldn’t need anything else.

It just doesn’t make any logical sense to clone a device.

Also the more recent the iPhone, the closer to impossible it is outside of a government agency or airport security to get access to the SIM information in order to perform cloning.

…unless the device is left unlocked, then it’s anybody’s grab bag.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
What makes you think that someone is doing this? If you are that concerned, then do what everyone else has said. Look for unrecognized devices in your iCloud. Look for dodgy apps on your phone. Look for anything weird and remove it. Then go and reset your iCloud password. When choosing a new password, make sure you chose something that is not easily guessed. Make sure it's 8 characters or longer, and make sure to use uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols. Write it down and keep it somewhere secure if needed.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Also the more recent the iPhone, the closer to impossible it is outside of a government agency or airport security to get access to the SIM information in order to perform cloning.

…unless the device is left unlocked, then it’s anybody’s grab bag.

True, but op is claiming that someone is “mirroring” or cloning her phone, not extracting data.

Doesn’t really make any sense.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
True, but op is claiming that someone is “mirroring” or cloning her phone, not extracting data.

Doesn’t really make any sense.

Sorry, I didn’t make that clear - with modern phones someone would have to physically have the device in order to remove and clone the SIM, and if it has an eSIM they would need to get access to the device settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77