• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone 8 display sizes?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you folks think Apple is going to stay with the same display size on the 8 and 8 Plus (or whatever they're going to be called!) :)

Or will a new, curved display affect things a bit? Maybe we'll see slightly larger screens on both?

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I believe I've heard the display sizes will be larger and curved. The entire phone made with glass. Impractical A's far as I'm concerned and the curved screens have more glare.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What I get from all the rumors are 3 iPhones, not counting a possible new SE. A 4.7" 7s, a 5.5" 7s Plus, and an anniversary model (call it what you will) with new features the others won't have. I've seen screen size rumors from a 5.1" to 5.7". It's anybody's guess.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I would agree with Ledsteplin,

I have heard the iPhone 7s would have the normal 4.7" screen and the iPhone 7s Plus will have the normal 5.5" but the iPhone 8 would have a 5.8" inch screen.

Where things get interesting though, is that the iPhone 8 might only be a little bigger than the smaller iPhone 7s thanks to its bezeless design. 😃

So my guess is 5.8" inches for the iPhone 8. I have this awesome feeling Apple is genuinely going to surprise us. Especially when it comes to AR & VR capabilities. 😃

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I would agree with Ledsteplin,

I have heard the iPhone 7s would have the normal 4.7" screen and the iPhone 7s Plus will have the normal 5.5" but the iPhone 8 would have a 5.8" inch screen.

Where things get interesting though, is that the iPhone 8 might only be a little bigger than the smaller iPhone 7s thanks to its bezeless design. ??????

So my guess is 5.8" inches for the iPhone 8. I have this awesome feeling Apple is genuinely going to surprise us. Especially when it comes to AR & VR capabilities. ??????

I've read the same rumors. I think they should reserve iPhone "8" for 2018 and call the special one "iPhone Anniversary Edition" instead. Less confusion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That would be what everyone calls the iPhone 8.
Glass and stainless steel redesign.
Bezeless OLED display.
New in-display Touch ID*paired with facial recognition.
Waterproofing.
Wireless charging.

Rumors of course!

Yes, I've heard some of the same "rumors", but is it enough of an upgrade to spend $1,400 for? (rumored price as well).

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I’ve read the same rumors of 3 sizes but I’ve only seen leaks of the 5.8” screen.
Something like this? It's almost 100% fake but still, I would be really happy if the upcoming iPhone had this design. 😃

bb322beab9cfab6853a2c1d69f3e57be.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman