iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 5s, or Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am having a hard time deciding which device I'd like to purchase or keep.

Background info: I currently have an iPhone 5s (purchased in November 2013), an iPad Air (purchased in December 2013), and a MacBook Pro 13" Base model (purchased in October 2010, but recently have gotten RAM and storage capacity, as well as a virus fix and a battery replaced).

Here are my options:

1) Buy the 5.5" iPhone 6, assuming it comes out by November 2014 or at all and the iPad Air 2. If an iWatch comes out I'll buy it either before or after I buy these two devices.

2) Same as above, but instead the 4.7" iPhone 6 assuming it's available by November or December.

3) Keep my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and wait until my upgrade in November 2016 to get the iPhone 6s and iPad Air 3 or iPad Pro, assuming such devices come out.

4) Buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 between now and December by trading in my iPhone 5s and iPad Air into VZW and paying the difference.

5) Same as above, but instead buy the Galaxy Note 4.

6) Buy either the 5.5" or 4.7" iPhone 6 and trade in my iPhone 5s and iPad Air to Apple and pay the difference. The reason I might do this is that the iPad Air is my first iPad and I'm not using it as much as I use my iPhone 5s and as Much as I thought I would.

I'm curious if other users are contemplating similar decisions. I've owned three iPhones (4S, 5, and now 5s). I'm just thinking that if Apple doesn't come out with a 5.5" iPhone 6 by November/December, then I'll get a Note 4 or a Note 3.

Also, if I replace my MBP with a 15" rMBP 2.3 Ghz 512 GBby the end of the year, then I might keep my iPad Air and iPhone 5s. I'm not sure yet though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Since the specs of the iPhone 6 are still rumors, I would wait to see what the phone will be like to make a decision. Its still too early to speculate. I personally never consider a device without first comparing it to others. As far as the iPad Air goes, if you don't use it then sell it privately. You'll get more money for it.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Going with a Samsung Note will negate the ecosystem benefits to some degree. Yes, some iOS, OS X and iCloud features and functions can be to some degree replicated on a Note - its not the same. May not be a concern for you, but something to consider.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So many choices. What about the BlackBerry Z10 or Z30? I always miss gestures when I'm not using my BlackBerry (like now). I'm not a fan of the home button...

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No, I've never contemplated a Samsung device. HTC, yes. BB, yes. Even thought about Win Phone. But never a Samsung.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am having a hard time deciding which device I'd like to purchase or keep.

Background info: I currently have an iPhone 5s (purchased in November 2013), an iPad Air (purchased in December 2013), and a MacBook Pro 13" Base model (purchased in October 2010, but recently have gotten RAM and storage capacity, as well as a virus fix and a battery replaced).

Here are my options:

1) Buy the 5.5" iPhone 6, assuming it comes out by November 2014 or at all and the iPad Air 2. If an iWatch comes out I'll buy it either before or after I buy these two devices.

2) Same as above, but instead the 4.7" iPhone 6 assuming it's available by November or December.

3) Keep my iPhone 5s and iPad Air and wait until my upgrade in November 2016 to get the iPhone 6s and iPad Air 3 or iPad Pro, assuming such devices come out.

4) Buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 between now and December by trading in my iPhone 5s and iPad Air into VZW and paying the difference.

5) Same as above, but instead buy the Galaxy Note 4.

6) Buy either the 5.5" or 4.7" iPhone 6 and trade in my iPhone 5s and iPad Air to Apple and pay the difference. The reason I might do this is that the iPad Air is my first iPad and I'm not using it as much as I use my iPhone 5s and as Much as I thought I would.

I'm curious if other users are contemplating similar decisions. I've owned three iPhones (4S, 5, and now 5s). I'm just thinking that if Apple doesn't come out with a 5.5" iPhone 6 by November/December, then I'll get a Note 4 or a Note 3.

Also, if I replace my MBP with a 15" rMBP 2.3 Ghz 512 GBby the end of the year, then I might keep my iPad Air and iPhone 5s. I'm not sure yet though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

I would say wait and see what the iPhone 6/note4 bring to the table. It is only a few more months and will help you to prevent buyers remorse if you buy something before and then see the latest and greatest from apple and samsung.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wait! Time is on your side! Let all the cards fall or land on the face so you can see all the options. Then you will have no regret!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that buying any of those phones are worth giving up your current iPhone and iPad Air. Even if you don't use the iPad Air that often, I still wouldn't give it up along with your iPhone to get the iPhone 6, Note 4 or Note 3. I have the same setup with the 5S and the Air and there isn't another smartphone or smartphone/tablet combination that I would trade for.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966