iPhone 4S vs. iPhone 5: Upgrade or not?

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s and personally think it can be a waste to do the yearly upgrade. Ios6 works just fine on my iPhone and I cannot bring myself to waste more money to do a yearly upgrade on my phone. I'm keeping it for at least another year and think I made a good decision. If there are people out there who can afford the upgrade I say enjoy your iPhone!

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Had the iPhone 4, got the 4S in March, and pre-ordered the iPhone 5 last friday at midnight. Why? Well mainly for the 4G.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain what this means? You have another line that you can upgrade?

What am I missing? If you have multiple lines and one of them currently has an iphone on it. You get the new iphone on the upgradeable line? Why do you have an extra line? Are you just paying and extra $10/mo for this option? And extra $240 for each contract term? And will the carriers let you remove and iphone from your plan and allow you to drop to a $10/mo bill even if you are not through the 2 year cycle?

what am I missing?

I have 4 lines, 2 have iPhones and 2 have dumb phones.
6 months ago it was 3 iPhones and 1 dumb phone.

I wasn't using all 3 iPhones so I sold one, kept the line active, got a cheap dumb phone, and dropped the data plan. The phone was still under contract and AT&T had no problem with me doing that. Now I just pay the extra $9 for just voice on the old iPhone line.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 lines, 2 have iPhones and 2 have dumb phones.
6 months ago it was 3 iPhones and 1 dumb phone.

I wasn't using all 3 iPhones so I sold one, kept the line active, got a cheap dumb phone, and dropped the data plan. The phone was still under contract and AT&T had no problem with me doing that. Now I just pay the extra $9 for just voice on the old iPhone line.

Almost exactly the same here. Put my old 3GS on a dumb line a few months ago, with cell data disabled. Two months later AT&T tried charging for an unnecessary 3 GB data plan, even though not a single byte of data was ever used. The person decided they preferred a dumb phone anyway, so I sold the 3GS and cancelled the data plan. Now have a 4, 4S and two dumb phones, selling the 4 to get a 5.

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 has become the focus of the whole world since its release. It is reported that it over 3 million people have ordered it.
There are top 5 reasons to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 in the air:
(1) 4-inch retina LCD
(2) LTE highp-speed network
(3) Faster A6 processor
(4) iOS 6
(5) New form factor, slightly thinner
If you have an iPhone 4S or an older apple phone, would you upgrade to the new phone 5? Why or why not?

Except for the 4 inch display, I would like just to update iOS 5 to iOS 6 on iPhone 4S, as it seems I can't accept the longer but still the seem width as iPhone 4S body of iPhone 5 at the period.

-------------------------------
The difference between iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S

gagdude

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Anything for the bigger screen. This was why I kept with crap Android for so long but 4 inches is finally a screen size I can live with

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber