• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Ipad2 photos

Roger Hermanson

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Need to copy/move photos from Ipad2 to external hard drive. Dropbox messes with some picture formats so not an answer. We are talking 12000 photos here.
If connect to pc or mac what is needed to access albums on Ipad to download photos. I am not Apple inclined asking this for a friend that is traveling thought icloud was the way to go. It is for backup but not for anything else regarding this. So best way to export these photos off the Ipad2 to an external drive. She needs the room. I have called apple support no help.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
When you plug the iPad into a computer, look for it in My Computer (Windows) or the Finder (Mac). Navigate through the folders until you find the photos.

Roger Hermanson

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an Ipad but a friend connected his to a pc and could see the camera roll but no other files. Hence the question what is needed to see files or is it permissions.
Also can you copy the albums etc to the pc?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an Ipad but a friend connected his to a pc and could see the camera roll but no other files. Hence the question what is needed to see files or is it permissions.
Also can you copy the albums etc to the pc?

If you're not talking about the Camera Roll, then no, you can't. You copy photos TO the iPad Photos library, not FROM it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
With a Mac just import the photos into iPhoto. There is a Mac and PC app I use called iExplorer that will export photos to any drive on the system. The iPad or iPhone can be mounted as disk also.

#Naked Tuesday

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman