IPad showing smaller on external monitor

RazorRob

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
I have an iPad Pro 2017 11”, plus and adapter with UHD 4K HDMI output capability.
I recently bought a FHD 1080 DELL monitor and expected at least the screen to be filled top and bottom with no spaces, obviously sides would have spaces due to aspect ratio.
But for some reason the iPad mirrored image is smaller than expect with spaces ALL round!
Im sure the iPad Pro 2017 can output 1080 if not a lot more through a 4K adapter, and should be at least be able to fill the FHD screen top and bottom, shouldn’t it? Or am I doing something wrong or is there something I’m getting wrong from the output info?

TIA

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPad Pro 2017 11”, plus and adapter with UHD 4K HDMI output capability.
I recently bought a FHD 1080 DELL monitor and expected at least the screen to be filled top and bottom with no spaces, obviously sides would have spaces due to aspect ratio.
But for some reason the iPad mirrored image is smaller than expect with spaces ALL round!
Im sure the iPad Pro 2017 can output 1080 if not a lot more through a 4K adapter, and should be at least be able to fill the FHD screen top and bottom, shouldn’t it? Or am I doing something wrong or is there something I’m getting wrong from the output info?

TIA

I just wanted to welcome you to iMore. It’s good to have you here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pRose