iPad Air 2 16gb or 64gb?

I

iMore Question

iPad Air 2 16gb or 64gb? Using for school

I'm trying to decide if I should be getting the 16 or 64gb model iPad Air 2. I use my macbook pro for typing papers and whatnot but I have used my 16gb iPad mini for everything else school for quite a few years. It has gotten pretty slow but I don't know if that's because it's 4.5 years old or if it is too full. I take all of my notes on my iPad and like to get online textbooks as well because it keeps the stuff I have to carry down to a minimum. I will take a moderate amount of pictures with it and probably some video, but nothing too crazy. I only keep the textbook for that semester and they get deleted once I'm done with them. I won't have many games or apps either and I usually stream any TV shows/movies, I don't store them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad Air 2 16gb or 64gb? Using for school

If possible, get the 64 GB version. It'll provide you with more storage space and allow you to put more data, etcetera on your iPad. The speed of the iPad Air 2 should be more than sufficient for your needs, in my opinion.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Get the 64gb if you can afford the difference. I used to advocate for 16gb being enough and while it is, you want to future proof your device as your needs could change. I'm a student too and I work full time so carrying around a device that could hold my work Needs, school Needs, and photos is a must have for me.

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: iPad Air 2 16gb or 64gb? Using for school

You could consider buying a used device. Since the release of the 9.7 iPad Pro, the air 2's price has come down. I just purchased a 64gb Air 2 with cellular capability (in great shape) for $346. I took it to T-Mobile for a SIM card, and got free service for life (limited to 200 megabytes of high speed data per month). It's a small amount of data, but my main reason for the cellular capability was so find my iPad would always be available (in case it's lost or stolen).

LoucyC

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I'll choose the 64G version. I'm using a 32G iPad now, and if i download more than 3 movies, then the storage is almost full , and i can't download new files or install new apps.

And for your slow iPad mini, you can go to Setting >General > Storage, to see if it's storage full. As full storage will also lead to slow iPad, so you can try to clear up your iPad mini and to see if it will run faster. I have used a freeware to free up my iPad by clearing junk files and temps files, maybe you can have a try, here is a guide: https://www.imyfone.com/iphone-space-saver/top-5-free-iphone-memory-cleaner/

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't pay full price for a Air 2 now especially a 64Gb, i got a brand new 16gb 4G for $300 aud, Apple sell for $756. I have everything i want on it with 6gb left, Aslo picked up a brand new 6S 16gb for $450, Apple sell for $1079, for $6 less than just the Air 2 i got both. At those prices 16gb is fine :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77