iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ10wannabe

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Very true. One would hope that WebOS would be very flattered that BlackBerry chose their OS when they decided to create BB10, which was arguably BlackBerry's greatest gamble. As I said earlier, it was lucky for BlackBerry that WebOS didn't choose to sue them for copying WebOS. We would not have BB10 without WebOS.

I have no experience with WebOS so I cannot comment on that directly but I agree that I'm not including/suggesting copyright or patent infringement is okay. I assume many things do not fall into that category. Eg. to have an SD card slot or not have an SD card slot would not be an infringement or to have Bluetooth or not have Bluetooth etc.. (granted each company may have to pay another company for the privilege etc..)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with WebOS so I cannot comment on that directly but I agree that I'm not including/suggesting copyright or patent infringement is okay. I assume many things do not fall into that category. Eg. to have an SD card slot or not have an SD card slot would not be an infringement or to have Bluetooth or not have Bluetooth etc.. (granted each company may have to pay another company for the privilege etc..)

Tech has evolved so much that by this time the leading companies are all doing the same thing and the difference is really in the nuances of execution. Of those, I prefer Apple's execution since I have not had one single problem with one single iPhone, which runs contrary to the flawed execution in lines such as the 99xx series which bricked and nuked or the rebooting Z10. Both of these happened to me.

Beyond that, I'm not sure where the next innovative leap will be. Hub vs notification centre is simply a difference in execution - notification. BB10 has the Hub which is a much touted feature. I don't find it improves my daily life. Apple has the App Store. I find that improves my daily life a great deal. So these nuances in execution make a difference for me in what device I use.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For the last time this is not my title, also let me clear this up I ment it to be a discussion point, I may have come across mad?

Posted via the iMore App for Android on BlackBerry

The title was changed. We get that.

Now...we've been discussing everything that went on after this post:

Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

What was the intent of this post? It reads quite provocative. And it has, by now, been shown quite conclusively that BlackBerry copied from WebOS.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The title was changed. We get that.

Now...we've been discussing everything that went on after this post:

What was the intent of this post? It reads quite provocative. And it has, by now, been shown quite conclusively that BlackBerry copied from WebOS.
The OP wanted someone to call the police on Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the last time this is not my title, also let me clear this up I ment it to be a discussion point, I may have come across mad?

Posted via the iMore App for Android on BlackBerry

Why do I get the feeling that you're not really annoyed? I've clearly stated a while ago that --> I <-- changed the thread title and explained why I changed it. Therefore, for you to pick a specific post that pokes fun at the title and ignoring all of the other posts therein after knowing that I told everyone that I changed it is suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl