iOS 7 Release date September 18th

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Even though I am really looking forward to getting this update on my 5 and Mini, I plan on waiting till the mad rush is over for going ahead with it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

I'm thinking of doing the same. It took my iPad 2-3 hours to update to iOS 6 last year..I shouldn't have that problem this year since I have a new iPad but I'll probably wait until the weekend to update

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What is a "gold master" and how is it different from the "public release"?

Also, if it?s out today, where can I get a copy? Is it safe to install on my iPhone 4S?

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited woke up @ 4:30am to check already I know it's still one day away but I'm going to be honest I've been checking all weekend and most of last week about 3 times a day at least...come on IOS 7!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 still running 6.1.4 boo

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have installed ios7 GM. Will i be able to upgrade directly to official ios 7 or will i have to downgrade? Please reply asap!

If you installed the GM then you don't have to do anything. You have the same version that will be released tomorrow to the public. In the future when updates are released, you will receive notification on your device like normal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have installed ios7 GM. Will i be able to upgrade directly to official ios 7 or will i have to downgrade? Please reply asap!

I don’t think upgrading to the public release is even possible... if you already have the GM version, it IS the public release. No upgrade necessary... the only difference is that the GM is put out early to developers and released to manufacturing to be installed on the new phones. It is the same code and the same build number (11A465).

{If GM then NOP}

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
One day now. :D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
I.AM.SERIOUSLY.PSYCHED!! :D i really, really can't wait till iOS7 is avail. I've actually been checking a couple of times a day on iTunes to see if the 11.1 version upgrade has been pushed out yet for Windows7. I'll do that first, THEN i'll upgrade my 4S;) I mostly use iCloud for back-ups, but just as a security, I do an iTunes back-up one...maybe 2 times a week just to have a "hard" copy stored;)

Does anyone by any chance know if the Win7 iTunes version for 11.1 will be released tomorrow along with iOS7?

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Only seeing pictures of screen shots it's hard to comment. The way I'm thinking is the apple wouldn't release an iOS that is awful. The kickback would be far too great. If it transpires that this turns out iffy then I'm should that they will react and further updates will follow.
Personally I'm looking forward to it! I'm in the uk so I've gotto wait to the latter part of the day :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77