Status
Not open for further replies.

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure apple will release an update for iOS 6 (6.1) on their Oct. 23 event that will include :
?(much needed) maps update
?support for iPad mini
?might include a new feature
?and of course many improvement

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure apple will release an update for iOS 6 (6.1) on their Oct. 23 event that will include :
•(much needed) maps update
•support for iPad mini
•might include a new feature
•and of course many improvement

I was thinking the same thing in regard to an iOS update. At least I hope that is when it will be released.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
•(much needed) maps update
The issues with maps are not iOS dependent - they are with the data the app accesses - and that they are very likely updating close to constantly... and while they may mention it... I believe it will play a very small, if any part of the event.

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The issues with maps are not iOS dependent - they are with the data the app accesses - and that they are very likely updating close to constantly... and while they may mention it... I believe it will play a very small, if any part of the event.

Lets see on the 23 than

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Apple is not releasing 6.1. Apple never releases a .1 release without betas. The next version is going to be 6.0.1 not 6.1 and will include no new features. It will be bug fixes and apple maps will not be fixed with a simple update. It's going to take several updates over the next year or coming years. If anything 6.0.1 will be released to developers in beta on the 23rd not to the general public.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Maps updates with the exception of eventually supporting subway/underground directions, can be done without updating the app itself and just updating the servers.

Apple may announce a 6.1 at the event but it will be beta not released.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Considering Apple hasn't released anything to devs yet, it's not likely the world will see an update in a few days. I would doubt they even announce the next beta since for a new iPad, the same os will run on it, and the only thing devs will need is the new resolution.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
If they gave just a maps update and released the other devices that would suffice for me. All i want is the same level of detail in the maps experience that the previous google powered map app had, and if not then at least increase the level of accuracy for search results..... Right now for me nothing else matters

- - - Updated - - -

Maps updates with the exception of eventually supporting subway/underground directions, can be done without updating the app itself and just updating the servers.

Apple may announce a 6.1 at the event but it will be beta not released.

Does apple have a history of announcing betas at events? To my knowledge i dont think so, and as regards to apple only having to update the servers which is true it's always good to have something to show off which can raise stock price and show progress am i right :)?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If they gave just a maps update and released the other devices that would suffice for me. All i want is the same level of detail in the maps experience that the previous google powered map app had, and if not then at least increase the level of accuracy for search results..... Right now for me nothing else matters

- - - Updated - - -

Does apple have a history of announcing betas at events? To my knowledge i dont think so, and as regards to apple only having to update the servers which is true it's always good to have something to show off which can raise stock price and show progress am i right :)?

Personally not aware of Apple ever announcing BETA except to the developer community... (and Siri, which is/was beta in iOS 5.1)

iOS 6.0.1 is now in "carrier test", according to iMore's blog

iOS 6.0.1 reportedly in carrier testing, could make its way to users soon | iMore.com

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally not aware of Apple ever announcing BETA except to the developer community... (and Siri, which is/was beta in iOS 5.1)

iOS 6.0.1 is now in "carrier test", according to iMore's blog

iOS 6.0.1 reportedly in carrier testing, could make its way to users soon | iMore.com

That is why i think they will either release ios 6.1 or whatever the iteration number or not saying anything at all concerning it. Because they generally dont announce beta's. I do think there may be a possibility that they knew what they had to work on all along an just need a bit more time and now we will receive the true ios6

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Pretty pissed there is no update today. Guess they think iOS and the iPhone 5 are perfect. Awesome....

Fine... be pissed. 6.0.1 will be released as soon as "carrier testing" noted above is done. If you want to waste time and harbor ill will that it's not out yet, knock yourself out.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I hope they fix the Auto-Lock not auto-locking all the time.
Duplicate notifications of email. (this started after I did a reset/restore as new last week.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad