iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak shown on video

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Is it publicly available yet? This thread makes it sound like it is. If so, where to get it? Thx

Same thing I was thinking when I read the first post... got excited there for a minute.

Basically Pod2g has finally got it working on iOS 5.0.1, BUT he hasn't packaged it up for a release yet:( lets hope its soon. I crumbled and ditched my untethered 4.3.3 JB to update to iOS 5 over the weekend and did my first tethered JB with Ac1dsn0w.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
iFaith, from what I'm reading, is only for Windows. The Mac people will have a tough time with this, myself included.

Could anyone explain to me why the developer would wait around until 5.1 to release this? Is he hoping that the JB will work on 5.1? If it doesn't, he loses a lot of potential people that won't be able to use his jailbreak with a tool like iFaith.

In my opinion, if he's got it working now, he should release it right now, I'm personally very OK with not upgrading to 5.1, as a matter of fact, I miss my OS4 with lock info and Pwntunes and safari downloader -- if I wasn't given a replacement phone with OS5 on it, I would have never upgraded, I don't see a single benefit of OS5 over 4.

Do some research on iFaith 1.4.

When it comes out, it will be everywhere short of the eight o'clock news. :)

aberrant.chicken

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Developer wait because apple usually patches up the hole that allows jailbreak to be available in the next update... as these holes are harder and harder to find... these hackers are extra careful with it.

iFaith, from what I'm reading, is only for Windows. The Mac people will have a tough time with this, myself included.

Could anyone explain to me why the developer would wait around until 5.1 to release this? Is he hoping that the JB will work on 5.1? If it doesn't, he loses a lot of potential people that won't be able to use his jailbreak with a tool like iFaith.

In my opinion, if he's got it working now, he should release it right now, I'm personally very OK with not upgrading to 5.1, as a matter of fact, I miss my OS4 with lock info and Pwntunes and safari downloader -- if I wasn't given a replacement phone with OS5 on it, I would have never upgraded, I don't see a single benefit of OS5 over 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4