iOS 17.5 has been released to the public

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you I'm wondering if we'll see another beta before the initial dev beta of iOS 18 becomes available...

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
So what's the other features and bug fixes? Who cares about a wallpaper, I want to know the features and fixes. I swear apple is so centered on wallpapers and stickers, why not center on the phone as a phone. I'm surprised they didn't release a snoopy wallpaper to match the watch.

I can only hope they fixed the call dropping issue. Maybe it's just the way it is, iphone has lower signal then other phones. I just know it gets old being on the phone and it goes into SOS more

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So what's the other features and bug fixes? Who cares about a wallpaper, I want to know the features and fixes. I swear apple is so centered on wallpapers and stickers, why not center on the phone as a phone. I'm surprised they didn't release a snoopy wallpaper to match the watch.
Apple will often add security detail changes well after the fact in order to help prevent people who have not yet updated from being vulnerable to zero-day vulnerabilities. But you can see the ones that they publish here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT214101

If they don't mention features, they obviously haven't added any (beyond the updates to News+ and tracking detection that they do list).

I do think that Apple should be more transparent about bug fixes, but it's possible that they number in the several dozen minor fixes so they probably don't want to either highlight them, or they know that the vast majority of users probably don't care about that level of detail.

I do guess that 17.5 was also required for iPadOS in order to support the new iPad models and devices (e.g., the new pencil and Magic Keyboard) coming tomorrow, and Apple likes to keep the two OSes at the same level for the first and second numbers at least.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I do guess that 17.5 was also required for iPadOS in order to support the new iPad models and devices (e.g., the new pencil and Magic Keyboard) coming tomorrow, and Apple likes to keep the two OSes at the same level for the first and second numbers at least.
It was reported that the new iPad devices will come with a custom release of iPadOS 17.4, and they will have a day 0 update to a custom release of 17.5.