Instapaper VS Pocket?

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I usually use pocket as my read it later source, but honestly i hate the icon on the iPhone and think it ugly, just downloaded Instapaper..

Which one do you use? And which do you like more?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I never quite warmed up to using Pocket, but I did use Instapaper a lot and loved it, but then a while back it was having parsing problems so I've since switch to using Readability and have been now for probably a year or so. It's all I need.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm usually an Instapaper user. I've used it the longest, and I appreciate that I can limit how many articles are stored on the iDevices; pocket has no such limit, and I find its database can grow wild if you don't read/delete/archive articles frequently (had it up to around 600MB without really even thinking about it). However, iMore.com and Instapaper have been troublesome for me for a while now. It just doesn't parse/download at least half the articles I save there. So Pocket has been better in terms of actually getting articles parsed/downloaded, but I prefer the look/feel/operation of Instapaper (if only because of familiarity).

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've tried both of those apps and came to the conclusion that "Reading list" in Safari was just enough for my need. I save the article I want to read later into the reading list. When off connection I easily access it within safari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Pocket. I've used it for a long time. It does what I need and does it well. Have not tried instapaper extensively so I can't say anything other than it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2