Install Catalina to an external drive and Apple ID.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with Mojave. I installed Catalina to an external drive and logged in to Catalina with my Apple ID. Then, I remove the drive and booted into Mojave. I got a message on log in to the Mac that I couldn't log into iCloud about my Apple ID being signed in elsewhere and wanting my password again. This was in Mojave.
Was it a problem to log into Catalina with my Apple ID? Should I create a different one or not use my Apple ID like this? Or change the computer name under Catalina?
Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with Mojave. I installed Catalina to an external drive and logged in to Catalina with my Apple ID. Then, I remove the drive and booted into Mojave. I got a message on log in to the Mac that I couldn't log into iCloud about my Apple ID being signed in elsewhere and wanting my password again. This was in Mojave.
Was it a problem to log into Catalina with my Apple ID? Should I create a different one or not use my Apple ID like this? Or change the computer name under Catalina?
Thanks.

I’m assuming Apple is not recognizing the external drive as a trusted source, but again, I’m only guessing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conman284