Improving the performance of Home Sharing in iTunes

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Recently I was having some weird stuff happening with my Home Sharing. It was always seemingly buffering content and just downright being laggy and one trick I found that worked to correct it was to shut off the old method of sharing files on a network, more specifically the one found under the iTunes Preferences:

Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 2.30.38 PM.png
Share my library on my network was enabled. Why? I dunno but I shut it off as it's not really needed for Home Sharing and from that point on, I've not had any issues with Home Sharing. If you find you have similar happening, it's certainly something to check and disable if it has been enabled.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Recently I was having some weird stuff happening with my Home Sharing. It was always seemingly buffering content and just downright being laggy and one trick I found that worked to correct it was to shut off the old method of sharing files on a network, more specifically the one found under the iTunes Preferences:

View attachment 42972
Share my library on my network was enabled. Why? I dunno but I shut it off as it's not really needed for Home Sharing and from that point on, I've not had any issues with Home Sharing. If you find you have similar happening, it's certainly something to check and disable if it has been enabled.

Did not know about this, thanks for the tip!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53