Imessage

OrlandoV

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have purshased a second hand Iphone 4. I am tried to use Imessage but when I turn on, ask me the password from old owner ID apple.
I can't contact him. What can I do? How can I change Imessage to my own ID apple? Thank you

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll need to restore the phone as new either by plugging it into iTunes or choosing the setting to erase all data.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
You'll need to restore the phone as new either by plugging it into iTunes or choosing the setting to erase all data.

If the device is jailbroken, DO NOT reset thru the "erase all data" in settings. Use iTunes and restore as new.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If the device is jailbroken, DO NOT reset thru the "erase all data" in settings. Use iTunes and restore as new.

If you're jailbroken, either of these methods will remove the jailbreak. Please see the jailbreak forum for more information if this is the case.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If you're jailbroken, either of these methods will remove the jailbreak. Please see the jailbreak forum for more information if this is the case.

Restoring thru the erase all data setting will leave the OP in a continuous boot loop. Which is why he must restore thru iTunes if jailbroken.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Restoring thru the erase all data setting will leave the OP in a continuous boot loop. Which is why he must restore thru iTunes if jailbroken.

Good point - I'd forgotten that. I never recommend that method anyway as it takes so much longer than restoring through iTunes. It is, of course, the only method for non-jailbroken users who don't have a computer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can also go into the send/receive portion of the "Messages" settings, sign out of the old account and remove any of the previous owners information, then sign in with your information (as well as saving it to the phone). This is not optimal though because any apps the previous owner left on the phone for you will still require that person's sign in information to update, and nothing will sync properly with two apple ID's trying to function on the same phone. The previous suggestions to restore the phone will be the least problematic solution for this.

kevinocarro

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Which is why he must restore thru iTunes if jailbroken
1a3.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member